Avocado is a very creamy and fatty fruit, in 1/2 part of avocado we will find about 12 grams of fat and provide 130 healthy calories. The fats in this fruit are unsaturated, mostly monounsaturated. This particular type of fat is beneficial for us, because it reduces the level of bad LDL cholesterol, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
Avocados contain fiber that improves digestion, potassium - which normalizes blood pressure, antioxidant vitamins E, and C, as well as vitamins K - which is responsible for blood clotting.
This green fruit is a source of carotenoids - lutein and zeksantine - that support and protect our eyes.
Avocado thanks to its texture is suitable as a substitute for butter or mayonnaise - in addition to this method of consumption, we add chopped avocados to salads, which will facilitate the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K).
2 ripe avocados
Half jalapeno peppers
Juice from 1/2 lime or lemon
Half a red onion
One medium-sized tomato
Salt and pepper
Crush the avocado, then condense with lemon juice. We cut onion, japanelo and tomato. We add spices to get an acceptable taste.
- Simple Avocado and Cucumber Salad
A little onion
- We cut the cucumber into slices, onions into small cubes and avocados as we like. Season with salt and olive oil
- Avocado soup
1 - 1 1/2 cups of water or broth
2 whole and 1/2 avocados
A large clove of garlic
1 small onion
Juice from 1 or 2 limes
Chilli (any japanelo or red chilli) - at your discretion
Fresh coriander with about 4 stalks
Fresh parsley about 3 stalks
- In a frying pan with a spoonful of oil, fry garlic, chilli pepper and diced onion. Fry until the onion is tender.
- Pour water into the blender, avocado, fried pan contents, lime, sliced fresh coriander and parsley. We blend everything in a food processor.
- Pour the blended soup into the pot, salt and lightly cook (soups should not be boiled for long, because high and long heat treatment can cause the bitter taste of avocados).